Secondary Essential Services
These are important users that need not be in continuous operation;
however they are necessary to maintain propulsion and steering, including a minimum level of safety for dangerous cargoes to be carried.
Some of them are as follows:
2) Fuel oil transfer pumps and fuel oil treatment equipment.
3) Lubrication oil transfer pumps and lubrication oil treatment equipment
4) Pre-heaters for heavy fuel oil.
5) Starting air and control air compressors.
6) Bilge, ballast and heeling pumps.
7) Fire pumps and other fire extinguishing medium pumps.
8) Ventilating fans for engine and boiler rooms,
9) Services considered necessary to maintain dangerous spaces in a safe condition (inert gas system of an oil carrier, ventilation for Ro-Ro cargo spaces, etc.).
10) Navigation lights, aids and signals.
11) Internal communication equipment.
12) Lighting system.
13) Electrical equipment for watertight and fire-tight closing appliances.
14) Electric generators and associated power sources supplying secondary essential equipment.
15) Hydraulic pumps supplying secondary essential equipment.
16) Control, monitoring and safety systems for cargo containment systems.
17) Control, monitoring and safety devices/systems of equipment for secondary essential services.
18) Ambient temperature control equipment.
19) Other thrusters like boosters, etc.