When converting a wiring diagram into a circuit diagram, certain basic rules and conventions should be followed:
• Every sequence should be drawn from left to right and from top to bottom (where possible)
• each stage should be in order of occurrence from left to right
• all contacts and components that are in series should be drawn in a straight line (where possible) with the component they control (eg contactor’s coil) located at the bottom of the diagram
• all contacts and components that are in parallel should be drawn side by side and at the same level to emphasise their parallel function
• all major components operating at busbar voltage should be drawn at the same level (or aligned horizontally) to help identify the required components quickly
• all contacts should be shown either open or closed, ie their ‘normal’ or de-energised condition.
My Picks For The Best Ship Electrician (ETO) Back Pack