We are looking for an experienced
IT Systems Manager (m/f)
with previous ship experience in such a position.
- To ensure smooth and accurate administration of the Shipboard Computer Hardware and Software;
- Level 1 Technical Support;
- Operations and Applications;
- Maintenance of H/W, S/W, Documentation and Media Control;
- Systems Monitoring and Troubleshooting;
- Training, Development and Support.
Systems Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Monitoring the system in relation to copyright policies and infringements;
- Monitor user request for software or hardware on personal computer or non-work related Items
- Monitor system performance, error logs and bottle necks to confirm reports of system slow-down performance problems; work closely with Corporate if they encounter any of these situations;
- Track outside e-mail and disk usage as it pertains to system security and the introduction of viruses;
- Monitoring password changes and user accounts;
- MS Office Suite
- Fidelio Cruise including (but not limited to) modules:
- Cruise Management, Cashbook, Payroll, Security, Shore Excursion, Data Import, US Customs APIS, Quick Check In.
- Micros Fidelio Point of Sale
- NVS – Visual Reservation System
Although computerized, there are several systems that the Systems Manger is NOT responsible for due to the nature of them. Most notably, these include: Engine Control Room, most Bridge, Navigational and Safety Systems, AMOS, SeaMail System, Passenger and Crew Internet.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, German