The Chief Electronic Engineer is responsible for the management of the electronic department onboard to include all electronic equipment and communication/IT systems. The Chief Electronic Engineer will work closely with the Director of IT shore side and the Chief Electrical Engineer onboard and will have a full understanding of the Safety Management System, including his responsibilities/communication duties in the Safety Organization as per the Emergency Plan.
- Emergency radio communication systems (GMDSS);
- Internal emergency and safety systems (GA, Fire Central, Fireman patrol system;
- Low Level Lighting, Talk-Back communication, CCTV system, Sound Powered Telephone system, Hospital/Trap/Toilet alarm system, Gangway Security system, Vingcard system, Door lock system);
- Bridge radar & navigation systems including electronic equipment in lifeboats and tenders;
- Onboard satellite communication systems (C-band, KU band, Fleet band, Iridium);
- Internal communication systems (Telephone PBX/DECT, PA system, VHF/UHF system);
- Computer hardware (Servers, Workstations, LAN, Wireless etc.) and software (Exchange, Fidelio/Micros, Amos, Bluetooth, Ships specific systems etc.);
- Ships network and switch system, Firewall;
- Office equipment such as copy machines, newspaper printer, DTP, etc.;
- TV broadcast with studio, Satellite TVRO and entertainment Sound & Light systems;
- All ships Audio & Video equipment (apartments, crew cabins, public rooms) and interactive TV system, Marine Info system, Master Clock system;
- Golf equipment incl. simulators.
- Fitness Center equipment
Desired Skills & Experience
Who you are –
A passionate professional ready to lead an international team with fanatical devotion to safety, quality, reliability, efficiency and a commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
Where most companies look for pro-active problem solvers, we are looking for pro-active solution finders. Our philosophy is to identify areas of opportunity and address them by creating systems and team-based strategies to continuously improve our onboard services, consistently exceeding Resident and Guest expectations.
If you are an innovator with a passion for excellence, you will step into success in this role.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma from recognized and approved Technical College or a Certificate from Technical Vocational School or institution, in Electronic Engineering with specialization in one or more of the following areas: audio-video electronics, computer-microprocessor system electronics, communication electronics, maritime electronics or similar;
- Relevant experience from the above mentioned areas, preferable from maritime electronics systems and environments with IT experience;
- Strong IT background
- ·Trade Certificate as Service Electronic Technician, Radio-TV Repairman, graduated Electronic Engineer or equivalent;
- Completed GOC-course and relevant GMDSS certificate;
- Relevant STCW2010 courses.
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Information Technology