The Assistant Electriciais responsible for supporting the maintenance of all electrical equipment and systems as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer to ensure safety operation, environmental protection and passenger comfort.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of any electrical systems onboard as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Must have good knowledge of the electrical equipment in the hotel and galley areas.
- Must have initiative, be proficient in electrical trouble shooting, solve electrical problems and work independently.
- Must know the location of all the major distribution panes, in order to be able to shut down power in the event of any failures, fire or maintenance work.
- The Assistant Electrician must be familiar with safety routines and ensure that the necessary safeguards are in place before any maintenance/repair work commences.
- Ensure that Class Rules and industry standards are strictly adhered to in any modifications to electrical systems.
- Must be familiar with the Safety Management System including his/her responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the emergency Plan and Station Bill.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANT ELECTRICIAN
- Minimum of one year experience working with electrical systems and equipment is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
EDUCATION FOR ASSISTANT ELECTRICIAN
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANT ELECTRICIAN
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.