Our Chief Electro-Technical Officer role will be our Head of the Electrical Department onboard and assist in the construction of our beautiful new lady ship in the shipyard, therefore you must have the right to live and work in Italy.
The Virgin Voyages Chief Electro-Technical Officer will be a key member of the site team and a major support for the business in the early part of construction. You will assist in the commissioning of systems and help the Chief Engineer establish maintenance policies and procedures. You will also monitor and assist with first fit in setting up work spaces and areas and help with the ordering of spare parts, tools and consumables.
You will be a good communicator with an electric personality as well as a level-headed player with a lightening wit!
You’ll need to read and understand Electrical and Technical drawings………..hey that’s what makes you the expert!
We won’t be surprised to hear people say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone they love working with because you make things happen. Your masterful attention to detail and self-starter mentality mean you can work by yourself and as part of a team. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you. Once her lady ship departs, you will sail off into the sunset together and become a permanent couple.
Super Powers Required:
- Electro-Technical Officer Certificate of Competency (COC)
- Degree or HND in Electronic Communications or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Certified and knowledge of Marine High Voltage
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or Computerised Maintenance System skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Chief Electrical Officer/Chief Electrician/Staff Electro-Tech Officer onboard a Passenger Ship.
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language.
- The ability to support team members beyond your areas of primary responsibility
- Able to visual the end goal
- Able to work well with all levels of internal management and team members as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidentiality- Loose Lips Sink Ships!!!!
- Develop and maintain a reporting system using the shipyard in house document exchange system
- Developing tools and frameworks to ensure we are smooth operators
- Act as an ambassador of the Virgin culture
- Be up for any other challenge as directed by your leaders
What Matters to Us:
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Virgin Voyages is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism